Saturday, September 8, 2012

Review of Summer

At the beginning of the summer, I wrote out my summer rules. Let's review...

My favorite summer day spent at the State Fair
1. Pick berries.
2. Make homemade ice cream to enjoy on the back porch. (I really want to use my Jeni's cookbook.)
3. Attend a concert. (Forecastle anyone??? J and I went to several concerts: Trampled by Turtles, The Vespers, Shovels and Ropes...a little bluegrass in the Bluegrass state
4. Visit a horse farm. (When in Kentucky...) Well, we went to the Derby Museum for the first time and saw a horse so we might can say this one is half done ;)
5. Stay at another B&B (Looking at Symphony Hotel in Cincinnati.)
6. Play tennis with J. (We have a court right across the street that has appealed to both of us.) We finally bought tennis rackets and have gone to play late at night when there is nobody to laugh at us. :)
7. Picnic lunch and nap in a park.
8. Host a dinner party. (Hopefully we will have friends soon!) We'll count the Julia birthday dinner. ;)
9. Go antiquing. Went to Jo-Lay's with my parents.
10. Ride my new bike often. (I might add purchase a basket for bike too.) I did get a cute basket and ride my bike pretty often.

5.5 out of 10.

It's hard to believe that summer is gone. Apparently it flies by even when you do not have a summer vacation. Already looking forward to next summer. Maybe I will finish my list. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment