Monday, August 13, 2007

"Womaniness" and Such...



One of the greatest blessings this summer was the chance to come visit my sister Emily in Dallas. I was not sure that I was going to get to see her, but it just worked out okay. It has been a great couple of days. We have spent time at the pool, relaxing, shopping and just catching up.

On Sunday Emily and I went over to Sean's mother's house. We ended up shooting the breeze for a while and then going to a movie. We saw "No Reservations" which was pretty cute. Afterwards we went shopping and we bought dresses (they happen to be matching... lol...) and other "essentials." It was purely a girls day and it was so great. This may sound silly to you fellow readers, but sometimes it just feels so good to be a girl. In China, I feel as though some "womaniness" is knocked out of you. We seldom get dressed up and if so it is in the same clothes we wear each day. Clothes shopping is out of the question there. A nice dinner is Pizza Hut. You have to be a tad tougher and hold yourself together even when sometimes you don't feel like it. Sometimes it is just hard to feel beautiful. On Sunday I had a "beautiful" day and it was much appreciated! Hopefully there will be a few more of those before I go back...

No comments:

Post a Comment