Friday, August 17, 2012

Happy Birthday, Julia!

This week we celebrated a birthday....

Julia Child's 100th! 

We made our way to Carmichael's earlier in the week so I could pick up Dearie, a new affectionately written biography. On Wednesday, Julia's birthday, I decided it was time for me to make beef bourguignon. I had heard it was one of her easier dishes (lie.) and it the dish that she might be most well known for thanks to the movie Julie and Julia. 5 hours later, it was ready. All was worth it though to settled down on the back porch with J and our lovely friend S for a yummy dinner. We cheersed (new word?!) my favorite chef and finished the meal with Julia's Chocolate Almond Cake. So, so good.

  
You all know I will find anything to celebrate. :)

Happy Birthday, Julia! Bon appetit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment