Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Music of Little House

source: Pa's Fiddle Project
On Friday night, Em, Dad, J, and I headed to the Loveless Barn for a great evening of music.

A few weeks ago, I stumbled across a listing for free tickets to hear the music from the Little House books. Having enjoyed those books so much as a teen (and even now), I thought it would be interesting. Little did I know what was in store.

A crowd of just a little over 100 people gathered in the Loveless Barn. The evening was actually recorded and will be shown on PBS stations starting this summer. We spent the evening being serenaded by Ronnie Milsap, Randy Travis, Natalie Grant, Rodney Adkins, Ashton Shepard, and Committed. I thought Committed was absolutely amazing. (As did everyone else because they received two standing ovations!) I still think they should have won The Sing-Off.

The night was just a reminder of how nice it is living in Music City sometime. When else could you hear a group of such talented musicians in the same show for free?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment